Sunday, April 3, 2011

Its been a while!

I has been a while since I have blogged and quite honestly it's been such a long week, and weekend. Well I let you all know what has been going on! Bear with me this is fairly long, and extensive.

  1. Mitchell started off working nights last week, so for those of you who are not familiar with shift work he does 12 hour shifts nights and days, this was his night shift work for four days, and goes to work from 5:30 pm to 5:30 am. Anyways he went to his night shift and last week was LONG AND HARD to say the least. Zoe started teething, and I just knew it was going to be hard on me and mostly HER! She almost instantly begin to where she didn't want to take naps, and would fight me at night, to get her to sleep. No matter how hard I tried she prevailed! I have issues with medicating a child to get them to calm down but she was not happy, I had to give her medicine to get her to stop crying so I know that she was hurting. Just a little insight to why I can only use medicine to help her teething, is the fact that no matter how I try she will not let me put baby orajel, teething tabs, teething rings, anything of that nature in her mouth. She clamps her lips together to where I cannot pry them apart, and screams at the top of her lung to where I am sure my neighbor probably think " Is she abusing that baby?" So I quickly gave up on forcing her! I don't care what people say or think of me but really she was screaming bloody murder! That pretty much continued all through-out the week with very little to no sleep I was very EXHAUSTED by the time Friday came around! But she is getting better and I think this won't last very long or least I hope not! But even though its tough I would not trade her or my life for anything in the world!
  2. So this weekend was what I was looking forward to even though it was going to be draining, and I was already so exhausted I pushed on. Last Saturday was our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY, also my mothers side of the family always has a family get together twice a year on Easter and Christmas, well the Easter party coincidentally fell on the day of mine and Mitchell's anniversary! The great thing though was that night Zoe was going to her Nana's house for the night so it gave Mitchell and I time to our-selves which we so desperately needed. Well we started off with the Easter party, I got myself and Zoe up as Mitchell slept, I always take such a long time to get dressed, so I did not want him to wait hours while I got dressed. ( It is not the fact of looking pretty) It was that I had to get dressed while tending to Zoe this is why I took so long, because I had to feed her, then put my clothes on, entertain her so she would not wake daddy up, put my make-up on and straighten my hair, then change Zoe's diaper before we hit the road. I woke up Mitchell and he got ready then we were on our way! Got there it was fun, Mitchell ended up taking Zoe to her Nana's at around two-ish (she lives like ten seconds from where we were) Because she was hot and tired, and it was just down-right HUMID.. The party was fun though, had some good food, got to see family thay I don't get to see often, and relax. Afterwards we went to Mitchell's parents house ( I wanted to see Zoe before I left her that night) I was so dreading this since it was my first night without her I was sure I was going to be an absolute WRECK! I was so proud of myself though I did not CRY! I kept thinking " it's ok, you will see her in the morning" that's what helped me! I gave her lots of love and kisses and reassured her I would be there in the morning and she gave me one of her famous BIG SMILES, and I knew she was happy so then we left!
  3. Now we could start our anniversary, but just to let you know it was not all extravagant, like everyone usually has! I wanted simple and relaxing! When you have a six-month old those days are far in-between. Also we were both extremely tired! We decided to just do dinner in Austin and then come home and watch a movie. We went to the outback and it was great good food, and the awesome company of the man I love! Came home and there was nothing out on PPV so we ruled that out and simply watched tv and just relaxed and talked! It was nice, kind of akward since there was not a baby there, but was relaxing! I needed THAT! We decided to go to bed, it was only 10pm but it was such a long day! We actually slept in the same bed together! I can't even remember the last time that we did that ( I think the last time was when I was 4 months pregnat) Yea it was that long AGO! It's not that we don't sleep in the same bed together, because we don't like it. Its because he works such odd hours and I don't want Zoe to get woke up, and/or him to get woke up since he works such long hours. Its not an ideal situation, but it works. I sleep on the couch with Zoe in the playpen beside me! He sleeps in our bed, so he gets his rest for work. Well anyways I veered off subject, this morning we woke up. I was EXTREMELY proud of myself I didn't check in on Zoe the fifty times that I thought I would until that morning I asked how she was and of course she was PERFECT! She was and is a very good baby! I was ready to get my girl! Went to get some groceries and we were on our way!
  4. Arrived at Mitchell's parents where zoe was, I walked in and as soon as I was in Zoe's eye sight, she shieked and laughed and smiled! I missed my baby girl! She was so very happy to see her mommy and daddy as we were to see her! It was an hour of lots of kisses! And Mitchell and his mother made dinner it was very very good! Then we had to leave Mitchell has to work tomorrow and had something to do as well! Said our good-byes and left! Got Zoe home and feed her she took a nap and so did I! Woke up around 8pm Zoe and I slept three hours! It was a great nap! Then fed, changed, changed diapers, and gave Zoe a bath and she went to sleep and still asleep as I blog! Mitchell stayed up with me watching tv until about nine then gave me a kiss and we said our love yous and he went to sleep so he could get up in the morning!
Like I said it was LONG! But it was such a great weekend and I loved getting time to spend with Mitchell I just love him so much and I know that we will have many more Anniversaries to come! Also glad to have my sweet princess back at the house with me! Well got to get off here and relax since tomorrow is a day of cleaning, and laundry, and taking care of my baby-girl!


NIGHT YALL

No comments:

Post a Comment