Friday, April 22, 2011

That over-whelmed, un-appreciated feeling!

That over-whelmed, under-appreciated feeling!


Before I start off into my blog let me just tell you I do love and appreciate everything my husband does. It's just that kind of day, I guess where things are just kind-of "off" and I'm in this emotional spiral that I can't find my way out of! Well here's a list of what I do and what I get out it!

Here goes nothing...

1. I clean the house, and not your normal everyday just clean I'm talking about grimy clean- what do I get mitchell going behind me and dirtying up the house again in less then 10 minutes, no thank you or the house looks good, I almost have to fish for a compliment. Then the number one thing that really just puts my panties in a wad is that I feel like I am raising two kids, Zoe not even old enough to mess the house up yet, but I got my second kid (my husband) that acts like his hands and legs are broke and can't go simply put a dish in the sink, or throw away a soda can..I find myself going behind him and throwing away his dirty dishes and trash! I know he works alot and like I said I appreciate everything he does, but it does not take that much work to pick up after yourself! I AM NOT YOUR MOTHER! Then I get the primary excuse that he works, and because I am a stay at home mom/wife it's my job REALLY did he just say that to me? Um..it's not my job to pick up your stuff!

2. I feed and change Zoe all the time! Q it almost feels like I have to force him into feeding or change his OWN daughter! I should not have to force/bargain with you, you should WANT to do this! I DO with no complaints! I know it's not because he don't love or care for her, because he does! He just has this thought in his head that mommy is here for the hard work, and daddy is here for FUN! Oh and did I mention I also give her baths all the time, you know I couldn't even tell you the last time he gave her a bath!

3. I don't even try to cook because when I do all I get is a whole bunch of criticism about how I am not doing something right, and he ends up taking over!

This is not in anyway to bash or presume that Mitchell is a bad husband/father in anyway! He is great with Zoe and he does take care of her and I. I think that I spoiled him because I do do everything, and he's just comfortable with it now!

All I want is a little understanding and APPRECIATION!

Sometimes I just get to the point to where I just want to scream out loud, and see if anyone cares...but I know that won't matter.

I want some time to myself to where I can just relax and do absolutely NOTHING and know and not have to worry if the house is going to be a wreck, or worry that Zoe isn't on the schedule that I have her on! Yes I get to go to the grocery by myself but really that's a hassle and a stress inducer as well bobbing-and-weaving through rude people, and get home to have to lug all the groceries up the stairs by myself!

I know it's not good to keep this all bottled up inside and that I should talk to friends and family! I am just not that kind of PERSON to just spill my whole issues out onto people because I don't want to burden anyone with my problems, or things that bother me..everyone has their own lives and issues, and I never want to add to it.

I am also really tired of people assuming that since I don't have a job that all I do is watch tv all day, and eat... I DON'T contrary to popular belief being a housewife/mommy is a twenty-four/ seven job. I wouldn't trade my life for all the wealth in the world, because I love my daughter and my husband with every fiber of my being !

I just want to know that I am respected, and appreciated for what I do, and not get criticized, for what I don't do or what I don't do right! I am not perfect, and no one is!

Thanks for listening...

Sincerely yours
Over-whelmed and un-appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. We all feel that way sometimes, it is totally normal! Men just don't know anything about women or how to make them feel appreciated. Hang in there, I know your "job" is hard because I'm right there in the same boat!

    ReplyDelete